- Easy, convenient online booking system
- Over 30 classes over 7 days morning, lunch and evening sessions designed for you in mind
- The best equipment and gorgeous facilities
- Friendly & helpful instructors who will make you feel welcome and a part of the MNW family
Janine P.I decided to visit MNW for its location, as it is close to home and work. Plus I saw that they use Allegro Reformers and I like working out on Allegro Reformers (other studio’s in the city have different brands, generally older reformers). I liked that MNW has a variety of instructors and time slots to fit around lunch/evening appointments. Vigilant about everyone’s technique and ensures that all class participants exercise correctly. I particularly like that they offer flexible options for more advanced/novice participants. I strongly recommend MNW.
Olga H.I run and have been finding my recovery has been slow of late. I’ve been feeling lethargic, stiff and sore. I had practiced yoga in the past, but decided to try pilates as I had heard great things from friends. I was searching for a city based pilates studio and found Melbourne Natural Wellness online. I attended an introductory lesson and was so impressed with the facilities and the instructors that I took out a monthly membership. I now attend two reformer pilates classes per week and I have noticed more strength and power when I run. I also feel stronger and less stiff and sore. If you’re thinking about visiting Melbourne Natural Wellness, definitely do it! Staff and facilities are amazing.
Alisha M.What can MNW Pilates do for me? Teach body awareness, good posture and easy, graceful movement. Improves flexibility, agility and motion. It can even help alleviate back pain. MNW instructors can dramatically transforms the way your body looks, feels and performs. It builds strength without excess bulk, creating a sleek, toned body with slender thighs and a flat abdomen. Also paying special attention to you as there are only 12 people in a mat class and 6 in a reformer class you feel like you are getting a personal instructor!
Build strength without "bulking up" - gain long, lean muscles and flexibility
Develop a strong core - flat abdominals and a strong back
Create an evenly conditioned body and prevent injuries
And be challenged!Pilates at MNW is also an extremely flexible exercise classes. Modifications to the exercises allow for a range of difficulty ranging from beginners to advanced. Get the workout that best suits you now, and increase the intensity as your body conditioning improves. So, what is the difference between Mat and Reformer Pilates? Pilates machines, called ‘Reformers’ are a great place to start for new clients because it provides assistance, making the movements easier for beginners. It also provides feedback for clients so that they can improve their movement patterns quickly and easily. You are fully supported in the machine and springs provide different levels of resistance depending on your strength and level of ‘workout’. The reformer can be gentle, working with traditional Pilates methods for core strength and posture to a cardio & resistance workout building lean, flexible, toned muscles. Pilates mat work By picking movements and modifying the exercises, your instructor can make the initial therapy very supportive and assisted. You learn to "organize" your body and incorporate the principles of Pilates. Breathing is the most important aspect of a Pilates mat class. Depending on the physical ability of each client, your MNW instructor will ensure you get the most out of your session and really feel the benefits as well as see them! Yoga at MNW and why you need it! Yoga is a therapy that aims to unite the mind, soul and body. Most yoga styles are derived from ‘hatha yoga’ a type of yoga that focuses on the body and breath and aims to develop control the body through poses (or asanas). Breathing is very important in yoga as the breath signifies your vital energy. In yoga, being able to control your breath can help you to control your body and your mind. No matter which style of yoga you choose there are many classes available and the health benefits are many Benefits of Yoga Some of the things that a MNW yoga instructor can help you with:
- increased flexibility
- increased strength and vitality
- strengthening of the immune system
- improving of circulatory system
- stimulating of endocrine system
- stretching and toning of muscles
- weight loss
- management of chronic health conditions such as asthma, carpal tunnel syndrome, depression, back pain, osteoarthritis and osteoporosis
- improved concentration and focus
- reduction of stress and anxiety
- encourages the connection of our physical, mental and spiritual selves
- Flow or Power yoga. It is a series of poses performed sequentially and beginning with sun salutations. Movements are linked to the breath and the poses move continually. It is an aerobic form of yoga and moves quickly.
- Hatha – is a precise style of yoga and one of the most popular in the world. It places much focus on attention to detail and getting the alignment of the poses absolutely right. Also uses props such as blocks and belts. It is a great style of yoga for the fitness conscious.
All classes are mixed level classes and anyone of all levels can join them. Because classes are small, your instructor gets to know YOU, YOUR goals and works the class to get results.For a handy hint, and to make it less complicated, Click here to see our instructors where all the instructors have what style they teach. Simply have a look through, see which one you like best and try their class!
Try a class & see why
we are considered
leading Health &
Specialists for yourselfSpecial Offer: Introductory Week passes now available! $25 for one week of unlimited mat classes or $47 for one week of reformer and mat classes. New customers only. Membership is still only $37 a week for unlimited mat classes and up to 2 reformer classes a week! (Casual Reformer is $37 so this is a GREAT OFFER) What do I need to wear / bring?
- When taking a yoga class, dress comfortably in clothing that fits snugly but not tightly. You should have plenty of room to move without being distracted by loose fabric. Shoes are not required as yoga is practiced barefoot.
- Melbourne Natural Wellness has male and female change rooms and shower facility should you need it.
- Melbourne Natural Wellness supplies all the rest! And environmentally friendly, recycled cork blocks, organic cotton straps, local non pvc natural rubber – from plantation mats you name it, we have it!