Daily food:1-2 Different Fruits 4-6 Vegies 1 Protein – palm sized 1 starch/carbohydrate think Quinoa rather than Flour At least 2 green leafy veggies Nuts, seeds- go on try some ‘weird foods’ J 50-60% raw/lightly cooked 1.5-2 litres of filtered water per day + 1litre every hour of exercise Eat what you can get from the farmers market – try to stay away from packages, tins, plastic containers and processed foods.
Tips for Healthy Eating:
- No fried or heated oils
- Eat when hungry only
- Do not eat beyond needs – feeling full
- Thoroughly chew your food
- Eat calmly and slowly- not in heated argument or watching t.v or being distracted.
- Miss meals if in pain, emotional, not hungry or ill – have an anti-inflammatory day
- Limit bread intake
- 80% alkaline (fruit/veg), 20% acid (grains) foods
- Eat a good variety of foods
- Separate starches/carbohydrates and proteins
- Lemon squeeze water ½ hour before breaky
- Reduce sugar, salt and refined carbohydrates
- Reduce animal and vegetable fats
- Increase veggies, especially green leafy ones
- Increase fibre intake
- Reduce alcohol
- Increase fresh foods, in season – farmers markets organic if possible
- Balance of protein rich foods (not just animal sources)
- Avoid being overweight by decreasing fatty foods, and refined carbohydrates
- Regular exercise physical and mental – set up your calendar like you would schedule in a work meeting
- Set goals, and follow them –use your calendar – set up time to work on your goals.
- Be accountable and responsible. Remember to think of both sides of a situation and find the positive in a negative situation and a negative in a positive situation to create balance.
- Keep tidy and organised- think ahead and plan J
- Don’t smoke or do drugs
- Take prescription only drugs, only when necessary
- Maintain wide range of activities
- Be mindful of what you are doing, saying, thinking and feeling. What impact does it have on you, the people around you-the world?
- Speak to your Naturopath to ensure any supplements you are on or considering taking are the right ones for you
- ENJOY ALL AREAS OF YOU LIFE – even the perceived ‘bad’ bits. These are here to teach you and help you grow.
- 30-45min before bed, relax, turn off gadgets, get in the dark, relax into your sleep – you can’t sleep fast!
- Consider a Salt lamp in your bedroom
- Write in a journal at night what lessons you learnt today. What you did well what could have been better and find what you are grateful for that you perceived was a ‘bad’ or negative thing that happened today.
- Be kind to yourself. You are a work in progress Perfectly imperfect and imperfectly perfect :)
If you need help setting up any or all aspects of your life, simply contact us for a complimentary wellness coaching session we would love to help you – it’s what we do!