Low Moods & Anxiety Help in Melbourne
Are you anxious or have a tendency to experience periods of low moods? Melbourne Natural Medicine Clinic provides low moods and anxiety help in Melbourne that’s designed to help you get back on track and enable you to enjoy life again.
Do any of the following statements apply to you?
- My anxiety and / or low moods are affecting my work, relationships or social life.
- I no longer take pleasure in activities I once enjoyed.
- I avoid certain activities, places and people because of fear of panic, embarrassment or death.
- Every time I leave the house I feel a surge of panic and anxiety wash over me.
- I struggle to drive and avoid places with crowds such as airports, trains and supermarkets.
- My anxiety and / or low moods are ruining my life.
- I tried medication but it didn’t work and / or the side effects were too bad.
- I do not want to take medication to treat my low moods.
- Some days I wake up, and all I can do is stare at the wall.
- My libido, appetite and sleep patterns are disrupted.
- I feel sick all the time and constantly worry about illness and death.
- I feel my life is worthless and pointless.
- I feel that nobody can help me.
If you answered Yes to any of these questions, you may be suffering from low moods and / or anxiety. Thankfully, Melbourne Natural Medicine clinic has years of experience providing anxiety and low moods treatment in Melbourne without drugs and without side effects.
How We Can Help You
At Melbourne Natural Medicine Clinic, we adopt a holistic approach to treating the causes and symptoms of anxiety and low moods. Treatment commences with a comprehensive assessment from our specialist, who will then develop a personal, tailored approach for you and your specific condition. A typical anxiety treatment plan may include:
- Advice on lifestyle changes you can make
- Weekly exercises for you to do
- Dietary and nutrition advice
- Natural herbs and dietary supplements
- Referral to one of our excellent relaxation massage therapists
- Yoga, Pilates or Meditation classes
How to Get Started
Use the Contact Us form and tell us how you feel. You should also let us know what other anxiety and low moods treatments you may have tried. We can then help you and guide to in the right direction on treatment and where to start.
For additional anxiety help in Melbourne, book an appointment with one of our Naturopaths, Traditional Chinese Medicine or Acupuncture practitioners. We also have a Nutritionist in Melbourne on our team to make sure you’re getting the right vitamins and minerals as well as provide specific dietary and supplement advice that’s tailored for you.
What You Can Do to Help Right Now
There are several very simple steps you can take right now to relieve any symptoms of anxiety or low moods:
- Reduce or stop your alcohol intake (alcohol is a depressant, and while it may have beneficial short term effects, it can actually exacerbate anxiety and low moods).
- Reduce or stop your caffeine intake (particularly for anxiety sufferers, as caffeine is a stimulant. Try herbal teas instead).
- Get at least half an hour of sunlight every day.
- Do half an hour of moderate exercise each day such as walking, swimming or light weights (people undergoing anxiety help should avoid strenuous exercise, as this can exacerbate symptoms for some people).
- Contact us on 9686 2566 to make an appointment for your initial consultation and assessment.
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is a basic emotion experienced by all humans at some point in their lives. While for many people, anxiety serves a useful function in preparing the body for imminent danger or threat, for some it can generate seemingly inappropriate and exaggerated responses that can result in often prolonged, debilitating and intensely frightening attacks that can severely impact on an individual’s ability to perform daily functions and enjoy life. A common form of anxiety is agoraphobia which literally means ‘fear of the marketplace’. Agoraphobia often develops after an individual experiences a terrifying panic attack in a certain place or situation. The individual then develops a fear of that place or situation such that they will avoid it in the future for fear of having another panic attack. This avoidance can then become generalised to certain types of public place and in extreme cases can result in sufferers becoming housebound. For an excellent description of how anxiety works and why it is never dangerous, read this article.
What Are Low Moods?
Low moods can exist over a period of several months or more. Common symptoms include lack of motivation, low self-esteem, feeling blue, guilt, shame, worthlessness, hopelessness and pointlessness. Physical symptoms can include loss of appetite, poor sleep, decreased libido, low energy and tiredness. While genetic, biological, psychological, environmental and social factors are all believed to play a role in low moods, the weight applied to each factor varies with the individual sufferer. Low moods are essentially a problem caused by excessive negative thoughts and feelings and any effective treatment should seek to overturn these thought patterns. To understand how thoughts in our brain can cause low moods, read this article
For an excellent book on treating low moods without drugs, we recommend ‘Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy’ by Dr. David Burns.
Melbourne Natural Medicine Clinic looks forward to helping you overcome anxiety with help that’s tailored to your needs. Book an appointment at our wellness center today either by contacting us online or calling (03) 9686 2566. We can also provide a range of other useful services at our clinic, including acupuncture, massage, and fertility treatment to fall pregnant naturally in Melbourne.