The Effects of Stress Overload and What You Can Do About It
Life can be full of stressors – deadlines, frustrations and demands and it may not always go the way you want. For many people, stress has become ‘normal’.
Stress serves its purpose in small doses as it may help you perform under pressure and motivate you to do your best. But when you’re constantly running in emergency mode, your mind and body suffer. You can protect yourself by recognizing the signs and symptoms of stress and taking steps to reduce its harmful effects. It’s all about the way you manage your stress that matters.
Stress is a normal response to events that make you feel threatened or upset your balance in some way. When you sense danger—whether it’s real or imagined—the body’s defences kick into high gear in a rapid, automatic process known as the “fight-flight-or-freeze” reaction, or the stress response.
Feeling Stressed? Take the test and find out if its physical or cognitive.
DO YOU SUFFER FROM?
- Feeling ‘flat out’
- Constant negative thoughts
- Feeling overwhelmed
- No motivation or inspiration
- Worried all the time
- Sleeping badly
- Not being able to relax
- Being ‘on edge’
- Panic attacks
- Over loaded with ‘to-do’s
LEARN HOW TO MANAGE STRESS WITH THE STRESS MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
The program uses multiple modalities including Naturopathy, Kinesiology, Life Coaching, Wellness Coaching & Relaxation Therapies. The 12-week program, developed by the Stress Less Team at Melbourne Natural Medicine, aims to help people with stress overload to develop self-management skills for dealing with anxiety and stress.
The program can help you relieve stress and replace old emotional habits with healthier ways of thinking, feeling, behaving, and relating to others. You will also learn why emotional intelligence is so important to your physical and emotional health. We emphasize practicing each new skill between sessions as homework so that you can learn the practical application of the tools we teach you. You also receive resources for further information and support. The Stress Management program involves one-on-one consultations with the Stress Team, information handouts and resources.
Do what you have always done, you’ll always get what you have always gotten.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR STRESS MANAGEMENT PROGRAM:
Each week is tailored to your needs. During your 12 week program you receive:
- Your Guide to Managing Stress Book
- 1x 60 min Naturopathy Consultation
- 1x 45 min Naturopathy Consultation
- 2 x 60 min Kinesiology Consultations
- 2x 45 min Wellness Coaching Consultations
- 10 Yoga or Pilates Classes in the studio
- Diet Analysis and Anti-Stress Eating Plan
- One Prescribed Stress Management Supplement
- Workbook and resources
- Additional optional supplements or herbal medicine may be prescribed
Total program $1497 or payment plan of $125 per week over the 12 weeks
In your sessions you will:
- Address your symptoms of stress.
- Address the causes of your stress.
- Be given dietary recommendations to follow.
- Be prescribed key supplements to take during periods of stress and recovery.
- Develop stress management techniques.
- For some cases neurotransmitter support may be given to assist healthy mood, memory and brain function.
Claim private health insurance on some sessions – check your level of cover and rebate amount. Supplements and herbal medicines are not included in the program as they are individually prescribed. These range from $10-$100.